Thursday, November 18, 2010

Before The Trees Are Bare....

I should probably take a moment and post a few pics of my fall decor before fall bids us farewell :)  Don't ya think?  I did very little fall decorating this year, because we have just moved into the new house, and we had much bigger projects to tackle.  I will say though, the inside of our house was an absolute and complete disaster, and somehow I managed to decorate the porch for fall....my priorities are in order, right? 


People driving by would have no idea our house was such a mess inside!  That was kind of the plan.


Plus, I just love fall, and though it would have been easier to just skip it all together this year, I couldn't dare leave it out!  The weather, the leaves, the pumpkins, the mums....ahhhhh, love it!


Inside I just dropped in a few pumpkins here and there :)  Nothin' much.  I love how these three little guys looked on top of these candle holders on top of our hutch.  I love the colors and sizes.   And the "Give Thanks" was a gift from my mother a couple years ago.  It's perfect leading up to Thanksgiving.  


These two wooden pumpkins found their home on my shelf in the living room. 


And a few goodies in the kitchen too ;)  On top is a fake pumpkin that I just cut open the top, and stuck some cute leafy branches in...next to my old antique enamel coffee kettle that I swiped at a yard sale this year.  A pumpkin sign, and a basket with mini pumpkins and gourds that I bought at the pumpkin patch.   

For those of you who are looking at this picture and thinking, "Oh, green cabinets, I love them!"  Well, don't get too attached, they are getting ready to be white :)  And for those of you who are looking at this picture and thinking, "Hmmm, not really liking the green cabinets."  Well, they're getting ready to be white :)  I do like the green, BUT it's just not me.  The backsplash is going to be beadboard, and everything is getting painted white, with new knobs.  Can't wait.  

But in the meantime...Clark is currently building shelves in the laundry room and storage room.  We are refinishing the dining room table (almost done!) and we have primed the chandelier his mom gave us, that is going to be painted black and hung in the dining room.  We are also planning to decorate for Christmas this weekend!  So there will be lots more projects to post very soon! 

Well, gotta run....Griffin decided to come home today and scatter about 100 pieces of tupperware throughout the house.  Gotta go collect it all!

Love and Hugs -
Lindsey   

  
"I love fall! Fall is exciting.
It's apples and cider.
It's an airborne spider.
It's pumpkins in bins.
It's burrs on dog's chins.
It's wind blowing leaves.
It's chilly red knees.
It's nuts on the ground.
It's a crisp dry sound.
It's green leaves turning
And the smell of them burning.
It's clouds in the sky.
It's fall. That's why...
I love fall."
-   Author Unknown




   

2 comments:

  1. your house looks perfectly beautiful. so happy to find your blog, and i'm pleased to become your newest follower.

    could your boys be any cuter?

    xo
    ~molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love Fall too!
    Have a happy Monday xx

    ReplyDelete